Thursday, November 5, 2015

What has Clubhouse done for you?

My name is Kenny and I am a member of the Friends in Action Clubhouse. I have been a member since October 28, 2015. I have not been depressed, as much, since joining the Clubhouse. I have met some interesting people and made some new friends and I have been able to help in the Clubhouse work ordered day. I have been asked everyday why I come to Clubhouse. I say “because it helps with my depression, but I really feel like I am a part of something. I belong somewhere. I have not felt this way in a couple of years. The Clubhouse is my sanctuary, a place that I can go to where, for a few hours a day, I don’t worry about or stress about my past few months or years. That is why I come to Clubhouse.
Before I became a member of the Clubhouse, I lived a life of constant stress. I worried about the smallest things. I stressed about where I was going to get the help that I needed to get back to where I needed to, in order to become the person that I know I am. The staff is “awesomatic,” which means automatically awesome. The members are the friendliest group of people. They have all treated me like family. This is my home away from home. The Clubhouse has also given me a sense of being. It has showed me that I do belong on this Earth and that there is a reason for living. I am here, as a man, I have a purpose. I do matter in life. My case worker is a God-sent, without her and my daughter I would not be here. They have saved my life. My case worker referred me to Clubhouse.
Thank you, all of you, with my life. Above all, thank you for your lasting friendship and love. Will I come back? YES, I WILL!

No comments:

Post a Comment