Wednesday, November 18, 2015

My NAMI Weekend

Well, we left here after lunch on Friday. There were 7 of us. We had four men and three women. We went on a trip from Park Hills to Lake of the Ozarks. When we arrived we thought we were without a room, but the name was spelled wrong. We had the best place, it was a condo instread of a hotel room. We had brand new furniture and a fire place and everything. It was beautiful. Thanks to Clubhouse for the wonderful room. We were too excited to sleep that first night. We were in a two bedroom, two bathroom, condo and it was just beautiful. I liked everything. I sure enjoyed the Ice Cream Social that our room hosted our last night.
Now let’s see, then we went to the NAMI annual meeting and listening to the DBT presentation. Some of the speakers were a little bit long winded. Everything was good. I like DBT, I graduated once and now am taking it again. We each had the opportunity to take notes throughout the conference.
I learned about the VA this weekend and I learned the different stages of the military. I learned about NAMI HomeFront this weekend. There is training in January, if the weather permits us, we would like to take this training and further assist the veterans in this area. I believe that we are all ready for the next meetings to come along. There is more to respect, faith, and prayer… LOVE is the most important. We are not machines we are humans.

Beatrice Young

No comments:

Post a Comment