Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Brenda & Tonya Complete Two Week Clubhouse Training

Clubhouse members Brenda and Tonya recently completed two weeks of International Clubhouse training in St. Louis, MO.  The training  was in depth and covered  all aspects of the Clubhouse model. Here is an article by Brenda F. to  explain her experience with the training.



"The Independence Center members were welcoming and friendly and easy to talk to.  I had long days of going to the Independence Center and studying late in the night for the next day.  Between discussions of membership, functions of the house, work, governance, relationships, education, space, TE and etc.  I worked in the Upscale Resale shop. I sorted and priced items, typed donor letters, ran the cash register, and whatever else needed to be done.  The group discussions of six different clubhouses were informative and interesting. We took a tour of Swiss and Barnes and met the TE workers and their bosses that were very nice.  Lastly we visited two group homes where the members live independently with community space. I will talk more about my experience at the House and Standards meetings. I want everyone to know I had a great time!"


No comments:

Post a Comment