Tuesday, September 16, 2014

We are Family

My name is Letitia and I am a very proud member of the Friends in Action Clubhouse. I look back on my life sometimes and I don’t know if I have ever had so many wonderful opportunities grow from one simple question. “How do I become part of that?” I asked this question of Kathryn Green at the first NAMI meeting, I attended back in August of 2013, when I met some of the clubhouse members that were in attendance.
Do you like to paint? Are you interested in touching up or learning computer skills? Are you willing to put in an apron and explore new recipes in the kitchen? Would you be more comfortable checking the vans to see if they need oil? How about planting some green tomatoes and then helping fry them up for lunch on a day when you feel like trying something new? There are so many things to do at F.I.A Clubhouse. It is a place where you are always needed, always welcome if you are good at something or even if you are not. If you are not, you will be encouraged to try. We have a floral department where you can help create beautiful floral arrangements. You can take part in the art classes and help with paint, sketching, etc. you can help the drivers take care of the vans. You can be part of Cooking with Friends catering service and help cook and deliver delicious meals to Life Center, Agency meetings, etc. no two days are exactly alike here at Clubhouse.
If you are a BJC client and are looking for place where you feel like you are a part of something and want to work on improving your social skills, then the Clubhouse is the place for you. We are one big FAMILY! Here at Clubhouse no job is too small to have meaning. No person is too independent to need a shoulder to lean on. No day is one where your absence will not be noticed. On top of all that, you can get the best cup of coffee in town for free!!!
By: Letitia D.

No comments:

Post a Comment