Tuesday, September 30, 2014

My Journey to Inedependence

Clubhouse has shown me that I can become that person I once was independent and sucessful and living on my own again in an apartment in the community of Farmington somewhere. I went from Residential Care Facility to this with their help and my community support workers Nicole Smith and April Skaggs and many other people in my life.
I had to work hard and go through many hoops the Residential Care Facility (RCF) and show the people around me that I could live on my own again. First step was there where I moved into the independent hall at the Residential Care Facility where I spent time showing people around me that I could set up meds and take care of myself and set up rides to my doctor appointments. The last step there was their Transitional Living (T.E) apartment where I moved into it in May and left on the 2nd of Sepetmber 2014. When I moved into the community of Farmington to the Friendship House Apartments.
Let me take you back where I decide to do all this was July of 2011. I took the first step of a becoming independent and sucessful person. I enter the Indenpendent Living program at clubhouse and by this I attend groups and did skills through work crews and homework to show the skills of living on your own. By November of 2011, I hit a bump in my road of becoming independent and sucessful person I was hospatilized for behaviors but I picked myself up by the boot straps and got right back on my journey of becoming indenpendent and a sucessful woman. And I finished the Indenpendent Living program in January of 2012 and I knew that was one of hoops done and out of the way for me to move out. The other, was one year out of the hosptail and no self- sabotaging behaviors for one year. I step up to this challage and got my one year out the hosptail in November but couldn’t get the one year without behaviors so I went to talk with my community support worker and they suggested that I give DBT a try. By Sepetmber of 2013 I started DBT and my world turned around. I got one year with no behaviors and two years of hosptail now. So, with the help of clubhouse and my Community Support workers and people around me I was encouraged to move forward. I am excited to say in April of 2014 there was a meeting where I was told I would be moving into a T.E apartment at the RCF, by May i took my first step into my apartment. I can actually say that I am excited for my future and to start working toward gaining my guardianship back.
Tina W

No comments:

Post a Comment