Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Hey You GUYS!!

Listen to me, I have been a client of BJC-Behavioral Health for two years now. I have been depressed and at times suicidal. I have been with three total caseworkers at BJC. It took my current caseworker putting me in the hospital over my third attempt at suicide for me to find what I needed.

My current caseworker knew my situation *skit-chee-ay-shun*, but had never mentioned this place called Friends in Action Clubhouse, that’s right BJC-BH has a Clubhouse. My situation was that I was stuck out in the middle of nowhere with nothing to do except to think about bad things. I had nowhere to go… ANYWHO… While driving home one day me caseworker asked “Hey, have you ever tried the Clubhouse?” I replied “WHAT? We have a Clubhouse?” She stated “Yeah, it’s amazing. It will give you a place to go; you will get to visit with people who have mental illness.” “Really?” I was intrigued, but a little unsure.

So she made a phone call and BAM,I’M IN. For real what I am trying to tell you here is if you are stuck “la la land” with nothing to do and nowhere to go, you MUST try the Clubhouse. The people here are amazing. They do not treat you like a client here, you become like family. I have spent three holidays with Friends in Action Clubhouse, we are like one big family.

It will cost you nothing, but time. No way to get there? They will pick you up and take you back home. Living in an RCF? We teach you the skills you need to live independently. For real, check it out! Do the “truffle shuffle” on over and check us out. Ask your caseworker, they will hook you up!!
-Kenny O

No comments:

Post a Comment