Friday, July 25, 2014

What does the Clubhouse Mean to Me??

This is member Lacy A. I have been a member of the Friends in Action Clubhouse since 2008. I first started to come because I have depression and lived by myself. I couldn't stand to be by myself because I would literally sit and just think about all kinds of stuff. It was usually about the depression or bad stuff that has happened in my life. I have since learned to give it all to God and rely on Him. I married my best friend in 2011 and had a baby girl in the same year. So I no longer live by myself, but I still come to the clubhouse. My reasons have changed since I got married and had a baby. I come to see my friends and to get out of the house. It still does help with my depression somewhat because it distracts me from thinking about it. I don't think about it as much as what I used to but it’s still there. To me the clubhouse is kind of like a second family. We get along sometimes but sometimes we don’t. :-) The clubhouse means there really are people out there to help people like me with mental health. People with mental health are just like everyone else. We hurt, cry, laugh, smile, sing, dance and everything else. Your coworker, friend, spouse or anyone can have a mental health issue and you wouldn’t even know it.

Lacy A

No comments:

Post a Comment