Friday, May 23, 2014

My Journey to Independent Living

The Friend in Actions Clubhouse has helped become independent. In the last couple of days I have moved into my own apartment from a RCF. The way the clubhouse has helped is giving me a place to come and work on becoming my own person through the IL program. I have lived in Residential Care Facility since 2009. This is the first time being on my own and I am very excited. Thanks to the wonderful people in my life and helping me get here. Without the help of my CSS, Friends in Action, the RCF staff , and my guardian I wouldn’t be where I’m today. Living in my own place, hospital free for over 2 years and a RESPECT speaker. I have overcome my own stigma with my mental illness through all of this. And have learned that I'm not alone on the journey in life. I have people that I can turn to and ask question if need. This has been along time coming for me. I have been struggling with self-sabotaging behaviors and other things in my life. Without the help of DBT and Friends in Action staff Dawn helping me through it I would not be out on my own. Thanks again.


Tina W

No comments:

Post a Comment