Friday, January 31, 2014

1-31-14

This week at clubhouse was a busy week. We had a catering event Monday night for the Advisory Board for clubhouse. We went to St. Louis on Tuesday for are new van and Boweflex. But the van was broke down and so we couldn’t bring back the Boweflex either. But we brought back some of the Boweflex to clubhouse. Wednesday we had our Indentpent Living graduation and we had 6 members gradute. Thursday and Friday were not as busy as the beinning of the week.

Clubhouse has helped in my journey of getting out on my own in March 2014. The staff here has given me guidance and strenght a long the way of this journey. The clubhouse was the first place that I felt that I belonged in a long time. I have people here that understand me and what I’m going through and they are like family to me. I’m graduate of their Independent Living program from 2012 and this has shown me that I can do it and make it. Clubhouse has showed me things that I never dreamed of like doing my artwork again and being a public speaker for mental illness.
Tina W.

No comments:

Post a Comment